The Zero Fucks Cookbook by Yumi Stynes
or make 4 interest-free payments of $10.00 AUD fortnightly with More info
The Zero Fucks Cookbook is best summed up by author Yumi Stynes' ten commandments:
- Thou shall not fuss.
- Thou shall use the whole tub or container of something, rather than leave an annoying, unusable amount in the bottom.
- If a step can be simplified, shortened or skipped altogether, it will be.
- Thou shall always opt for healthier food, making thou sexier.
- Marshmallows do not count as an ingredient. Nor does Coca Cola nor French Onion Soup. Thou art busy, not a bogan.
- Thou shall never apologise. You cooked. That is enough.
- When it is written "best quality" – eg, "use 200g of best quality bacon" – it means the best quality you can afford. "Best quality" does not equal "most expensive".
- Thou shall accept help. If you are in a situation where you have zero fucks left to give, and someone offers to help chop, or bring a plate, or a salad, or buy a cake for dessert SAY YES.
- Thou shall follow the recipe! Every other chef says "be creative". NO. I say, "FOLLOW THE RECIPE". Every recipe has been carefully checked and tested by people who give vastly more fucks than you do. Trust them. Get creative later.
- Thou shalt have fun.
About the Author
Yumi Stynes is a writer, broadcaster, television presenter, food fanatic, former cook, fitness enthusiast and mother-of-four.